A tall scientist tries to make sense. And science, but sense comes first.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It's really cool not working

Lets see, I'm pooped right now, but I've done some things, so as long as I don't actually feel like sleeping, I can write.

I went to my friend Dani's house on Thursday, and spent the night. I've known Dani since 10th grade, and after taking a year off, she came to RIT, but flunked out. Now she's going to be going to college back home. She means well, and is a pretty good friend. Also, her entire family loves me; it's a little creepy. Her mom actually said something along the lines of "It's too bad you're not a real Jew," because she would love for me to marry into the family.

Anyway, most people would find visiting her to be really awkward, but I don't mind it. It's kind of funny.

On Sunday, I went to Ann's house. We made Black and White cookies (vegan, of course) and they were really good! I think it could have used more lemon, but that's just something to keep in mind for next time. I got to see her cats again, even the shy one!

Today, I finally got my good friend Aaron to buy Killing Floor, this game with zombies and teamwork. Took me about a week to convince him it would be fun for him to play with my roommates and I. We hung out with Ksenia, one of our classmates, and Matias, her fiance and a guy who went to our high school one year below us. (Between you, me, and the internet, I don't understand why they're getting married. It's not a very good couple).

Tonight was better. I went into the city to meet Kelly after she got off work. She works at a Scientology church. Yeah, yeah, total cult, whatever. She showed me around, and it looks very much like an office building from a TV show. Also, the front of the building looked like a storefront. But who am I to judge a religion I don't know a whole about?

After that, we went to the Shake Shack, a burgers and milkshakes place a few blocks from her church. After about 20 minutes of waiting, we got our food, and somehow managed to snag a table (it's really crowded there). I got a cheeseburger, fries, and a black and white malt (I love racial equality!). It was really good, but kind of pricy, though in New York, it didn't surprise me. After that, we walked through Times Square, and went into the M&M store. At one point, Love Game by Lady Gaga came on the radio. I know chocolate is supposed to be an aphrodisiac, but I don't think Lady Gaga, with all her sex lyrics, makes it more effective? Anyway, we left after about 30 minutes of looking around, and sat down at a table in the middle of Times Square. It was really good to catch up with her, since I'd only seen her once this summer. We walked to the bus station, and I looked for my bus once she got on hers, and came home.

I guess that fact that I've slept about 4 hours a night recently is catching up to me. I'm pooped.

No comments:

Post a Comment