A tall scientist tries to make sense. And science, but sense comes first.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Hot Chip!

I'm posting now as opposed to later because I need to see if I can borrow something from a labmate. Anyway, I don't care about having to go to work today, because I just got back from the best concert I've been to yet!

Molly and I went from Rochester to New York to stay at Ann's house the past couple days, because we all went to see Hot Chip with Mike and his girlfriend.

It was so great! Holy Ghost and Hercules and Love Affair opened for them. Holy Ghost was ok, but Hercules and Love Affair were quite something. They were an electronica dance group with dancers, and one of them was this guy who was right in front of us and he just couldn't wear clothes the way most people do. Plus, he had white sweat-overalls? It was really interesting, and he stared at us (Mostly Ann for their entire show.)

On to Hot Chip- Firstly, Alexis brought his baby to the show, and she was wearing huge pink headphones, it was so great. Felix had a scooter, and Joe couldn't make it to the show because his wife was having a kid. They put up a screen for whenever he had to do backup vocals though. It was so cool!

They played most of the songs I wanted, but I already guessed a lot of their set list before they came out. When Over and Over came on, it was CRAZY. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mdgLn5BFRQ&feature=av2e)

Also, it was an outdoor concert. I think I maybe sweated like 2 pounds off. But it was worth it! At the end of the concert, Molly got one of the set lists that were left on the stage, and I got some tape that was holding down wires, as well as a beach ball that was floating around during the show. All in all, very worth twelve hours on the bus, especially because we got Thai food before the show.

That's all for now! It was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment